Mthatha Local Office - 01/2019 - Administration Manager
Legal Aid SA accredited TopEmployer SA for 10 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. It’s culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Mthatha with travelling required to surrounding areas.
- Manage the office processes in respect of finance, human resources, communications and legal administration within a matrix environment.
- Manage administrative functions from a compliance and operational effectiveness approach.
- Management of the office Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) for the office and advise on application.
- Ensure the implementation to new/revised Policies and Procedures and monitor adherence thereof.
- Together with the management team, identify risks facing the office and ensure effective mitigation against such risks.
- Management oversight of BI reports to accurately reflect the status of strategy implementation.
- Management and monitoring of justice centre contracts to ensure compliance and value for money.
- Management and monitoring of the correct use of petty cash.
- Management of infrastructure and fixed assets.
- Manage procurement and payments (sourcing quotes from suppliers, processing of invoice, order etc.).
- Management of over and under expenditure to ensure budgetary control.
- Efficient vehicle and fleet management.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Grade 12 plus 3 years relevant Tertiary Qualification.
- A valid driver’s license.
- 5 Years Administrative experienceli>
- 2 Years relevant Management experience.
- Understanding and Application of Basic Computer Software Packages.
- Ability to develop and implement Operational Plans.
- Leadership and Problem Solving skills.
- Resource and Risk Management.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to compile Reports and Statistics.
Basic Salary: R 697, 011 .00 per annum (Level 11)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 January 2019, quoting the above reference number on the subject line to: Thenjiwe Magazi email ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za, Tel: 041 363 8863 or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT