We may provide legal aid if you are experiencing problems between members of your family or household.
- The mother or father of your child won’t let you see or talk to them.
- You have found out that you are married to someone else.
- You can’t afford to pay the maintenance the court has told you to pay.
- You aren’t being paid the maintenance the court said is owing to you.
- Your husband or wife is abusing you physically or emotionally.
- Your parents have passed on and you want to adopt your younger brothers and sisters.
- You have been expelled from school for not paying school fees but don’t have any parents to help you financially.
- Your boyfriend or girlfriend has a different opinion to you about whether or not you should keep your unborn baby.
What you can do
If you have a family matter that you need legal help with, we suggest that you:
- First see if you qualify for legal aid. If you feel you do, then
- contact us and an advisor will guide you on the way forward.