- You have been fired from your work without any procedure or notice.
- You have applied for your pension from your employer but nothing has happened.
- Your employer was taking UIF off your salary but wasn’t paying it to the Department of Labour.
- Your employer hasn’t paid you your salary.
- You have been retrenched and promised benefits within 3 months but nothing has happened.
We generally don’t help in labour matters
Legal Aid South Africa generally doesn’t help with these types of legal problems. We also don’t provide legal aid for arbitration, mediation, conciliation or any other form of alternative dispute resolution.
What you can do
If you have an employment or labour-related issue, we suggest that you contact your nearest office of the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA).
If this process fails and the Commissioner recommends assistance or representation by a legal practitioner in the Labour Court, they will assist you in approaching Legal Aid South Africa for help.