All Suppliers & Service Providers of Legal Aid SA
re: Important News on National Treasury Central Supplier Database
Reference is made to National Treasury Circular No. 3 of 2015/2016 on the Central Supplier Database (CSD), a copy of which is annexed.
It is clearly stated in the circular that with effect from 1 April 2016 Legal Aid SA “may not award any bid to a supplier not registered as a prospective supplier on the CSD”. From 1 April 2016 Legal Aid SA will not be allowed to conduct business with any supplier that is not registered and verified on the CSD. This requirement is for all types, values and levels of procurement. No deviation from this regulation will be allowed, therefore it is imperative that you register your organization on the CSD. Please follow this link: https://secure.csd.gov.za/ or http://ocpo.treasury.gov.za/Suppliers_Area/Pages/Central-Supplier-Database.aspx for more info.
1. Log in on CSD website and register as a USER. This involves provision of some basic information and creation of a password.
2. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link and Onetime Password (OTP) to confirm registration.
3. Once registered as a user, you will be requested to accept the National Treasury’s terms and conditions.
4. You will be allowed to log in on the CSD website.
5. You must select the “add supplier” option to populate all details of your organization.
6. Once the required fields are completed, you can select the “Overview” option to check if the application is fully completed or if there is any missing information.
7. During the application process, a “request number or R number” will be allocated to you. On completion of registration, an “N number” will be allocated. This “N” number serves to confirm that your organization is registered on the CSD.
8. When registering please ensure that the following information is available:
- Company registration (if applicable)
- Banking details of organization
- Tax reference number of organization with SARS
You will be kept informed of further developments.