Re-issuing of an ID book

You can apply to have your ID book re-issued in the following instances.
• If you are married and want to assume the surname of your spouse.
You must submit a copy of your marriage certificate, a completed application Form BI-9 and a pay the required fee.
• If you are a woman and want to apply for a new ID in the name of any of your previous surnames, then documentary proof showing you are entitled to use that surname must be provided (i.e. a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, etc) along with a completed Form BI-9. You will also be required to pay a fee for the re-issue.
• If your ID book has been lost, stolen or damaged

You can apply for a replacement by:
1. Completing Form BI-9 as well if you have not previously submitted your fingerprints
2. Attaching additional documents as required (e.g. a marriage certificate if you are married)
3. Paying the required fee for the re-issue

In the event you lose damage or have your ID book stolen, you may request a Temporary Identification Certificate (TIC).
This can be done at any office of the Department of Home Affairs and is subject to the verification of your fingerprints.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)