What is the Rental Housing Tribunal (RHT)?
RHT’s were established as a result of the Rental Housing Act
Why were they formed?
- non-payment of rentals.
- failure to refund deposits.
- unacceptable living conditions.
- harassment and intimidation.
- lack of maintenance.
- determination of fair rentals.
- unlawful seizure of tenant’s belongings.
- exploitive rentals.
- illegal lock-out or illegal disconnections.
They were formed to help resolve disputes between landlords and tenants.
What is the cost of using the Rental Housing Tribunal?
Services rendered by the RHT are free and can be used by tenants, landlords and property agents.
What can they do?
The tribunals have the power to determine issues relating to.
How to lodge a complaint:
Complaints have to be lodged in person or by mail at relevant RHT offices which can be determined by looking online or by phoning
0860 106 166
011 355 4000
012 483 5020
Required documentation for lodging a complaint: